- January 19, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Adjudicative Guideline - Financial Considerations, Adjudicative Guidelines, Bankruptcy, Collections, Credit Cards, Debt, Financial Concerns, Foreclosure, Student Loans
(a) The concern. An individual who is financially overextended is at risk of having to engage in illegal acts to generate funds. Unexplained affluence is often linked to proceeds from financially profitable criminal acts.
(b) Conditions that could raise a security concern and may be disqualifying include:
(1) A history of not meeting financial obligations;
(2) Deceptive or illegal financial practices such as embezzlement, employee theft, check fraud, income tax evasion, expense account fraud, filing deceptive loan statements, and other intentional financial breaches of trust;
(3) Inability or unwillingness to satisfy debts;
(4) Unexplained affluence;
(5) Financial problems that are linked to gambling, drug abuse, alcoholism, or other issues of security concern.
Information retrieved from govifo.gov