- January 19, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Adjudicative Guideline - Personal Conduct, Adjudicative Guidelines
(a) The concern. Conduct involving questionable judgment, untrustworthiness, unreliability, lack of candor, dishonesty, or unwillingness to comply with rules and regulations could indicate that the person may not properly safeguard classified information.
The following will normally result in an unfavorable clearance action or administrative termination of further processing for clearance eligibility:
(1) Refusal to undergo or cooperate with required security processing, including medical and psychological testing;
(2) Refusal to complete required security forms, releases, or provide full, frank and truthful answers to lawful questions of investigators, security officials or other representatives in connection with a personnel security or trustworthiness determination.
(b) Conditions that could raise a security concern and may be disqualifying also include:
(1) Reliable, unfavorable information provided by associates, employers, coworkers, neighbors, and other acquaintances;
(2) The deliberate omission, concealment, or falsification of relevant and material facts from any personnel security questionnaire, personal history statement, or similar form used to conduct investigations, determine employment qualifications, award benefits or status, determine security clearance eligibility or trustworthiness, or award fiduciary responsibilities;
(3) Deliberately providing false or misleading information concerning relevant and material matters to an investigator, security official, competent medical authority, or other representative in connection with a personnel security or trustworthiness determination;
(4) Personal conduct or concealment of information that may increase an individual’s vulnerability to coercion, exploitation, or duties, such as engaging in activities which, if known, may affect the person’s personal, professional, or community standing or render the person susceptible to blackmail;
(5) A pattern of dishonesty or rule violations, including violation of any written or recorded agreement made between the individual and the agency;
(6) Association with persons involved in criminal activity.
Information retrieved from govifo.gov